I recently bought a random selection of yarns from the Darn Good Yarn company that included some lovely turquoise silk ribbon yarn, made from reclaimed sari silk. With no particular plan in mind, I started knitting to see what it would look like after a few inches of stockinette stitch.
The color, sheen, and texture changed as the work progressed and after about five inches of knitting, I decided to see if there would be enough of the silk ribbon yarn to make a small clutch. It was and with the addition of a lining made from some cotton fabric in my quilting stash and a cute little felt and button trim, here is is! I need to work on my lining technique, but overall, I like the way this turned out!